Half of India stopped watching TV after Sachin Tendulkar was dismissed. From Sir Don Bradman to Brian Lara many have played Cricket. But why the master-blaster is called ‘The God of Cricket’? Why the whole world loves Sachin’s Batting style? Apart from Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar in India, there is hardly any such person who has got so much excitement in people to see ‘Bharat-Ratna’ being formed. Today we will tell 20 interesting facts of Sachin Tendulkar and some things about his personal life that his fans will always be eager to know.
1. Very few people know that Sachin Tendulkar is the son of his father Ramesh Tendulkar’s second wife. Ramesh Tendulkar’s three sons were born to the first wife. Ajit, Nitin, and Savita are elder than Sachin
2. Sachin’s father Ramesh Tendulkar was a great fan of famous musician Sachin Dev Burman. He also named his son after him.
3. In the one-day practice match played in 1988 at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai, Sachin Tendulkar fielded for Pakistan.
4. Sachin Tendulkar is Left Hander. Yes, that is true. By the way, Sachin bats with his right hand. He also Bowls with a right hand, but he uses left hand to give autographs.
5. The interesting fact is that whenever Sachin travels in the bus with the team, he always sit on the left side of the window in the first row.
6. Sachin Tendulkar joined Mumbai’s Ranji team at the age of 14. He was the first player to join Mumbai’s Ranji team at this young age.
7. Sachin Tendulkar scored a century in his very first Ranji, Duleep and Irani Trophy matches. He is the only batsman in India to do this. None of his above records have ever beaten.
8. Sachin did not ever bat at the third position in his Test career.
9. There is a special record in the name of Sachin. Every team he has played in Ranji match his team Mumbai has been victorious every time.
10. Whenever Sachin used to bat, he always bowed down to the Sun God before stepping on the field.
11. His attachment to cricket can be calculated by an event. During World Cup 1999, when his father died, he joined the funeral of the father and returned to play. In the next match, Sachin made a hundred and paid tribute to his late father.
12. Sachin is so fond of his Ferrari that he does not let his wife Anjali drive it.
13. The first batsman to be given out by the third Umpire is Sachin Tendulkar. In 1992, the matter was referred to the third umpire after the throw of Jonty Rhodes on the second day of the Test match being played against South Africa in Durban. The umpire Carl Lébenberg dismissed Tendulkar as run out.
14. Sachin Tendulkar’s bat was about 1.5 kilograms. This type of heavy bat was used only by Lance Klusener of South Africa.
15. Sachin Tendulkar used to call Sourav Ganguly ‘Babu Moshay’ and Ganguly calls him ‘Chhota Babu’.
16. Sachin’s father Ramesh Tendulkar had advised Sachin to stay away from alcohol and cigarette advertisements at the beginning of his career and Sachin also promised his father to not do this.
17. Sachin scored his 5000th, 10000th and 15000th run on Indian soil. Interestingly, he completed his 5000th and 10000th run at the Eden Gardens and on both occasions the opposition team was Pakistan.
18. Now after Sachin’s retirement, his children can play for England too. Because his children’s grandmother Annabelle is from England.
19. On behalf of the Government of India, Sachin Tendulkar has been honored with Padma Vibhushan, Rajiv Gandhi Award (Sports), Maharashtra Bhushan Award, Padmashree, Arjuna Award and Bharat Ratna.
20. Sachin is the most often player of ‘Man of the Match’ and ‘Man of the Series’, which includes 62 Man of the Match and 15 Man of the Series.